2nd Job

Hi everyone

I currently work full time Mon -Fri for a large company. My hours are mainly 5 am to about 5 pm one week and then 7 am to about 5 pm in the 2nd week. This is a two week rota.
On a Saturday I teach children to swim at our local pool 8.30 til 12.30. As I am a volunteer at the baths I haven’t told them at work that I do this. There is a chance of this becoming a paid position and I wondered what the implications would be regarding working time. I would have to inform our office due to tax etc. As far as I am concerned the swimming is pure pleasure and should not impact on my working hours at all. But you know how some places think…

Any advice would be gratefully received

Cheers

Dave

A paid job is legally required to be officially recorded and cannot be rest

You could only legally do that paid job every other Saturday

I know its daft - do the same thing every saturday as a volunteer = ok but do it paid = not ok

Road safety is compromised if you get paid but not if you are a volunteer - Common sense and the law do not match again

looks like i’ll be staying as a volunteer then. There are still perks though - free parking, free gym membership and also staff training opportunities which include lifesaving and first aid courses. As I would have to pay for these things I don’t think I’m losing out and am gaining experience and qualifications to further my new career
Happy Days!!