Return Loads from Scotland

Did a bit of a search on this and didn’t find much which is surprising…

Is there anyone out there that does return loads from Scotland to north/midlands England? We run flat trailers and carry straps, chains, sheets and ropes so basically we can carry owt.

Just curious

Have a look at a website called returnloads.net you have to sign upto monthly fee it might find you a back load

I know somewhere but why would I tell you :wink: :laughing:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Whats the point :confused:

AR Craib might be worth a try.

Return loads out of Scotland are as rare as hen’s teeth, parochial bunch that they are.

jessicas dad:

FarnboroughBoy11:

Whats the point :confused:

What’s the point in writing what’s the point? I was only joking.

You do need to be a Scottish Paul Daniels. Most of the rates are naff as well so you might be better off coming back empty without the hassle if the upward job pays a decent touch.

Theres the Coal plant round Glasgow way

GBPub:
Return loads out of Scotland are as rare as hen’s teeth, parochial bunch that they are.

pretty much what he said its a closed shop up there usually easier to come back south of the border and get summat :wink:

nick2008:

A load of coal is going to take a fair bit of securing on the OPs flat trailer though.:slight_smile:

one that might be worth a quick phone call is Hayton Coulthard… they have loads sometimes out of Blackford or Lennoxtown… 01557860661

gonzothejaffa1:

GBPub:

pretty much what he said its a closed shop up there usually easier to come back south of the border and get summat :wink:

Only had a reload out of scotland once!

Trukkertone:
one that might be worth a quick phone call is Hayton Coulthard… they have loads sometimes out of Blackford or Lennoxtown… 01557860661

These are tautliner only loads, bottled water.

you could try MJ Slater at Longtown, they run a lot of steel south from the central belt, John Miller at Lockerbie have timber going south, but as said, it`s a bit of a closed shop otherwise, often better to sub the northbound load out, take a cut and save a load of hassle.

if its a flat try Andersons, they sub a lot of plate out of Motherwell, rates are crap but they do give stuff away

Lonewolf Yorks:
Did a bit of a search on this and didn’t find much which is surprising…

Is there anyone out there that does return loads from Scotland to north/midlands England? We run flat trailers and carry straps, chains, sheets and ropes so basically we can carry owt.

Just curious

depends on where in scotland you are going.

inverness then you could try these at nairn gordontimber.co.uk/
or you could try these fergusontransport.co.uk/ must have water tight sheets and at least 26 straps and ratchets

aberdeenshire you could try marshall-trailers.co.uk/

tayside you could try agrico.co.uk/

strathclyde you could try monarchtransport.co.uk/

hope some of them might be of help

Back in the 90’s the only back loads we did were chep blue pallets from Scotland.

damoq:

nick2008:

A load of coal is going to take a fair bit of securing on the OPs flat trailer though.:slight_smile:

in bags lol

pip2209:

Trukkertone:

These are tautliner only loads, bottled water.

and some now done by eddie stobart if i remember correctly