Suffolk Police White Magnum

Saw the suffolk Police Renault Magnum today A14 stowmarket, He had just pulled over a container driver 2 cops in there passenger cop climbing down ladder with his folder.
Earlier in week I heard a skip lorry driver was nabbed for none wearing of seatbelt.
There is No limiter fitted so he sneaks up quietly behind you then roars up the side, passenger cop sees if your on phone/looking map/drinking pop or eating apple.

Has anyone seen this truck also or any threads on here■■?

Not yet, but i feel as though i know them intimately, i’ve heard that much about it this week!

Surely a van with a roof mounted camera would be more cost effective?
12mpg v 25 mpg :question:

I’d find it hard to swallow a bollocking about my driving from (most likely) a newly qualified “entitlement holder” driving a solo unit. :unamused:

Goaty:
Not yet, but i feel as though i know them intimately, i’ve heard that much about it this week!

Surely a van with a roof mounted camera would be more cost effective?
12mpg v 25 mpg :question:

I’d find it hard to swallow a bollocking about my driving from (most likely) a newly qualified “entitlement holder” driving a solo unit. :unamused:

I had in interesting chat with a copper who was on the same ADR course as me this week about the police trucks not running a speed limiter, it has always been my understanding that the speed limiter comes under the construction & use reg’s so can’t be disconnected!! A mate of mine who’s a ‘fire bobby’ tells me that their new Scania’s have limiters fitted, once they switch on the ‘blues & two’s’ it’s over-ridden & they can do 80mph right up & till they turn the lights & horns off!!!

So, as the police tractor units aren’t emergency vehicles it seems that they have ONLY had trucks limiters removed for detection reasons & that to me is totally wrong, the police in cars are NOT supposed to speed unless on the way to a reported emergency so why are they allowed to remove a legally compulsory fitment■■?

Something not right here, especially for nicking peeps for the heinous crime of not wearing a seatbelt fer christs sake!!! It’s not like he was watching ■■■■ on his lap top while getting a ‘nosh’ of a hitch hiker!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Ross.

Catching people out for eating an apple…oxygen thieves!

bigr250:
So, as the police tractor units aren’t emergency vehicles it seems that they have ONLY had trucks limiters removed for detection reasons & that to me is totally wrong, the police in cars are NOT supposed to speed unless on the way to a reported emergency so why are they allowed to remove a legally compulsory fitment■■?

Make it up as you go along “seems” to be the order of the day. With the ammount of ■■■■■■■■■ regs, directives, etc churned out by the fat spider in Brussels, by the day now, I feel the power has gone to the heads of those civil “servants” in blue, sorry black/hi viz to the extent that they can justify most things as a means to an end.

Something not right here, especially for nicking peeps for the heinous crime of not wearing a seatbelt fer christs sake!!! It’s not like he was watching ■■■■ on his lap top while getting a ‘nosh’ of a hitch hiker!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
Ross.

Roy Humphries prices are known to be at the upper end of the rental market!! Someones gotta pay for it. :wink:

i’ve just checked the regs. police, fire, and militry hgvs are excempt from speed limiters, it dosn’t make any difference if the vehicle is attending an emergency or not, it’s exempt.

limeyphil:
i’ve just checked the regs. police, fire, and militry hgvs are excempt from speed limiters, it dosn’t make any difference if the vehicle is attending an emergency or not, it’s exempt.

Yes but they are driving a HGV on a duel carridgeway therefore unless in an emergencey can only drive at 50mph max.
They are breaking the law just to “see” if anybody is breaking the law!

robinhood_1984:
Catching people out for eating an apple…oxygen thieves!

Ridiculous, isn’t it? Since when was the mouth used to control a car? Since when has it been the law to keep both hands on the steering wheel?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the speed limit on a Dual Carriageway for a Solo Unit? Must be 60 MPH, if so, then these pigs must have been speeding.
They could have done some shunting for Wincanski, Port to Alconbury and back :laughing: :laughing: Still looking for victims as they waste taxpayers money on fuel. 9MPG ffs :angry: :angry:

msgyorkie:

limeyphil:

Yes but they are driving a HGV on a duel carridgeway therefore unless in an emergencey can only drive at 50mph max.
They are breaking the law just to “see” if anybody is breaking the law!

if this was brought up in court, they will have a legal phrase on every statement on the lines of “acting on information recieved we followed a suspect vehicle xxxxxxxx on the a14” etc etc.
that way, they are following something up and speeding for a reason, not just the craic.

truckerbuster:
Saw the suffolk Police Renault Magnum today A14 stowmarket, He had just pulled over a container driver 2 cops in there passenger cop climbing down ladder with his folder.
Earlier in week I heard a skip lorry driver was nabbed for none wearing of seatbelt.
There is No limiter fitted so he sneaks up quietly behind you then roars up the side, passenger cop sees if your on phone/looking map/drinking pop or eating apple.

Yes I saw it yesterday a few times,unfortunatly for a mate it was to late, he got caught on his phone :cry: it was going from Martlesham to Stowmarket and down to Colchester.As you say its fast and catches up very quick, films you and if you are doing wrong a nice policeman following about a mile behind will give you a nice ticket.

truckerbuster:

Yes I saw it yesterday a few times,unfortunatly for a mate it was to late, he got caught on his phone :cry: it was going from Martlesham to Stowmarket and down to Colchester.As you say its fast and catches up very quick, films you and if you are doing wrong a nice policeman following about a mile behind will give you a nice ticket.

Unless the regulations have changed since my emergency service (not police!) the actual wording is that you can claim an exemption from various traffic laws if using the vehicle for police/fire/ambulance purposes. Therefore I assume crime ‘prevention’ is a police use and the driver can justify claiming the exemption.

W.

Why do professional drivers think it is safe to use a mobile phone whilst driving. Hands free kits are cheap and if you aren’t given one by your boss turn your phone off or let it go to answer phone.

This professional driver deems it safe to use one while driving. Of course, I don’t actually do so as that would be illegal. As an upright tax payer and serf of the elitist system I actively seek out new laws to fret over and obey and spit my dummy out if others don’t follow suit.

FFS, the whole mobile thing ■■■■■■ me off. I use(d) common sense and as a result I’ve never impaired anyone else’s enjoyment of the road.
It’s a cynical ploy to fund more black clad storm troopers onto the streets of this country and ■■■■ all to do with safety.

IMHO, of course.

Goaty:
This professional driver deems it safe to use one while driving. Of course, I don’t actually do so as that would be illegal. As an upright tax payer and serf of the elitist system I actively seek out new laws to fret over and obey and spit my dummy out if others don’t follow suit.

FFS, the whole mobile thing ■■■■■■ me off. I use(d) common sense and as a result I’ve never impaired anyone else’s enjoyment of the road.
It’s a cynical ploy to fund more black clad storm troopers onto the streets of this country and [zb] all to do with safety.

IMHO, of course.

Which is fine until something goes wrong. Which is bad enough in a car, but in truck is a lot worse due to the weight. A car may bounce off the central reservation a truck will go straight through.

The Police talk on their radios all day, that little curly wire doesn’t make it safe.

Harry Monk:
The Police talk on their radios all day, that little curly wire doesn’t make it safe.

The police don’t usually drive arctics and should something go wrong are treated more harshly than a member of the public

Jamieg:

Goaty:

It’s a cynical ploy to fund more black clad storm troopers onto the streets of this country and [zb] all to do with safety.

IMHO, of course.

Which is fine until something goes wrong. Which is bad enough in a car, but in truck is a lot worse due to the weight. A car may bounce off the central reservation a truck will go straight through.

Believe it or not I had considered this.
As an adult and a moderately experienced professional driver of said class of vehicle I feel well placed enough to “stick to my guns” instead of parrotting (?) chapter and verse from the latest guidelines handed down by those that know better.

What are your thoughts on the dying art of rolling a ■■■ one handed?

Welcome to TNUK by the way.

Jamieg:
The police… are treated more harshly than a member of the public

Oh yeah?

Only 354 of 90,000 police caught on camera speeding or jumping red lights last year were punished.

Last night forces were accused of double standards after it emerged that only one in 200 officers was fined or given points, compared with 84 per cent of ordinary drivers.

In a quarter of the cases the police cars had their blue lights flashing, suggesting officers were attending an emergency.

However, nearly all of the rest had the slate wiped clean by senior police, saving them from three points on their licence and a £60 fine.