A legal view on the infamous Matt Stockdale incident

legal-lifeboat.co.uk/matthew … -incident/

Interestingly, the police force in the area he “patrols” said a while ago they didn’t want any more emailed dash cam footage as they were unable to deal with it! £60 wasted for anyone thinking of signing up! (hope that gets round social media and he goes bust)

I have a feeling he would have passed Luton hospital to get the lorry drivers yard….just a thought

Nice to have it said that legally he could be held as being at fault. As far as I am concerned he set it up from the start. ■■■■■■■■■

if people were to drive truck or any vehicle with no other traffic on the road at all i would expect perfection, its how people deal with other vehicles and what they are doing wether right or wrong that decides the out come of every situation ,remember that for every action there is a reaction , to hog the middle lane is illegal ,in fact the police advertised on national tv not long ago that this was to be targeted and prosecutions were to be made and did so to a white van man on the m62, the start of this situation was an illegal act by the car driver what follows is a reaction to a reaction to a reaction and so on ,would most people have reacted in that manner ? thankfully no but hey ,there are people who do and that’s a fact of life and the society we have to live in today ,we have all been in the situation many times and the law says you can use lane three if you are ordered to do so ,or if there is an obstruction and you need to etc ,the lane hogger in my opinion would be classed as an obstruction so no problem there the way it was done was the problem then the comming back in was outright lunacy ,but i can understand the frustration of the truck driver but i am some what dissapointed with his reaction ,i think this is a case of the hunter becomming the hunted and then spitting his dummy out , and if one is going to face prosecution then so should the other one ,

scrotumscratcher:
if people were to drive truck or any vehicle with no other traffic on the road at all i would expect perfection, its how people deal with other vehicles and what they are doing wether right or wrong that decides the out come of every situation ,remember that for every action there is a reaction , to hog the middle lane is illegal ,in fact the police advertised on national tv not long ago that this was to be targeted and prosecutions were to be made and did so to a white van man on the m62, the start of this situation was an illegal act by the car driver what follows is a reaction to a reaction to a reaction and so on ,would most people have reacted in that manner ? thankfully no but hey ,there are people who do and that’s a fact of life and the society we have to live in today ,we have all been in the situation many times and the law says you can use lane three if you are ordered to do so ,or if there is an obstruction and you need to etc ,the lane hogger in my opinion would be classed as an obstruction so no problem there the way it was done was the problem then the comming back in was outright lunacy ,but i can understand the frustration of the truck driver but i am some what dissapointed with his reaction ,i think this is a case of the hunter becomming the hunted and then spitting his dummy out , and if one is going to face prosecution then so should the other one ,

Yes the truck driver was right to use the 3rd lane to overtake a slow moving obstruction, (hazard warning lights activated) if the clown in the car was not having problems why have the hazards on with a empty /clear road ahead, ? were the lorry driver shot himself in the foot was when he allegedly made contact with this Muppet’s car something which there is no conclusive evidence of IMO many lorry drivers would under took the idiot but as the dash cam footage has been edited to only show what the ex special c*ntsable dash cam salesman want’s us to see we don’t get to see what he had done prior to him ■■■■ blocking the lorry driver

Matt Stockdale, chairman of PoliceWitness, said: 'I formed PoliceWitness after I was

almost killed by a reckless HGV driver.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -road.html

m.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/Man- … story.html

m.nottinghampost.com/Police-hit- … story.html

m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/VIDEO-Cop … story.html

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … wheel.html

Bit of an insult to folks who have found themselves trapped in wreckage with trauma Docs, Paramedics and Fire and Rescue teams keeping them alive with a helicopter landing nearby.

I think we all know what to think.

■■■■■■.

I hope that a) some legal action is taken against Stockdale and b) there is such a thing as bad publicity. A wholesale boycott should do the trick. I wonder what’s happening on Twitter:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=132806 For your information, he’s the “Oven Pride millionaire”, whatever that is.

The cretin explains why you must buy his camera and then charge you £60 to send in footage to his site, which may or may not be passed to get Police.

youtu.be/Sa87PURkPio

Looking forward to his conviction for setting it all up.

Shame for the truck driver that he’s probably in the soup (any word from him BTW? Normally the media loves a good ‘truck driver in trouble’ headline) but it also does rather make the case to other motorists that trucks are big and heavy and for the most part can take the side off your car and carry on to their destination without too much hassle.

Sure the Police don’t appreciate being set up like this for Matt’s financial gain. These shenanigans put the general public at risk. All very fake, lorry driver no doubt given a bung and fake police conversation.

“I have it all on dashcam”
“Superb”

Really not the response one would expect.

An example should be made of this mug to put off those drama queens who deliberately create dashcam dramas for personal gain.

Anttoeknee:
Matt Stockdale, chairman of PoliceWitness, said: 'I formed PoliceWitness after I was

Has anyone clicked this link?

That is a POLO, not a Golf… Also, the off-side wing mirror was hanging off already, so odds on he drives like that all the time.

Anttoeknee:

In this one, sure the BMW driver over-reacts, but you can see the camera driver using the incorrect lane, you see where he cuts across the lane just before the BMW then goes past and starts braking, what we don’t see however, is how close to the BMW he is when he cuts across the lane.
That BMW driver didn’t do that over nothing in my experience…

Why not just say "Come to court, Lie, and get sent down for Perjury - seeing as this whole accusation thing is based upon “Video evidence” gained in “less than wholesome ways” let’s say… :wink:

waynedl:

Anttoeknee:

Has anyone clicked this link?

That is a POLO, not a Golf… Also, the off-side wing mirror was hanging off already, so odds on he drives like that all the time.

Anttoeknee:

In this one, sure the BMW driver over-reacts, but you can see the camera driver using the incorrect lane, you see where he cuts across the lane just before the BMW then goes past and starts braking, what we don’t see however, is how close to the BMW he is when he cuts across the lane.
That BMW driver didn’t do that over nothing in my experience…

Second video he says

Mr Stockdale, whose organisation offers free help for people to report acts of careless or dangerous driving to police, said the motorist who sent the clip in had been left "shaken and fearful".

But he said that, when the anonymous complainants sent the same video to the police, they ignored it.

They where so shaken that they continued to follow the vehicle at speed for quite some time after the BMW driver nearly got out and batters the dash cam warrior, if they where so scared ect why follow the car aggregating the driver further ? shame it wasn’t a stolen car, they would of maybe been rammed on that roundabout and not been able to follow the car further
He also moans about the police not taking action, I agree they should of taken action against stockdale for wasting police time, IMO it was a non event

personally hope the massive ■■■■ gets sent down for wasting police time and perverting the course of justice.

if nothing else it will make all these ■■■■■■■ bellends think before sending in video after video.

He comes across very professional on his website and vlogs. Very welcoming to the naive but essentially a cowboy out fit which with recent events is being uncovered.

Anttoeknee:
He comes across very professional on his website and vlogs. Very welcoming to the naive but essentially a cowboy out fit which with recent events is being uncovered.

unfortunately there’s plenty of sharks like him out there waiting to bite

Trucker not guilty!

I take my hat off to Mr Paul Edwards and hope that Mr Stockdale is proud of himself hogging the middle lane, wasting the time of emergency services, putting other lives at risk who really do need the emergency services all recorded on his dashcam. That night proved that Stockdale is a very selfish person and doesn’t care about anybody else.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no … e-37288206

Thanks for posting that always nice to find out how it all ended. It’s a pity it won’t get the same sort of media cover the original incident got.

Parasite. Needs exterminating (or put in Prison and bummed for a few years).