Shropshire Hauliers,

Hi Dave
That TK may look small in those photos but at seventeen handballing 8 ton of Kayphos fertilizer in 1cwt bags on at Widnes then of again at farms in the Welsh hills every day, believe me it seemed massive. It served me well and I did over 100,000 mile in it in two years with very little trouble.We changed the origanal four speed box for a five which helped a lot in the hills. The disk hand brake on the prop was always needing ajustment,then one day it ran away with me after standing in a farm yard near Mifod. It had stayed there for half an hour while I had unloaded 2 ton off the back then suddenley started off backwards running over the farmers transport box and a stack of land drainage pipes finally coming to rest in the hedge with the hand brake still applied. We came to the conclution that the disk had cooled down and contracted thus releasing the brake.After this eppisoed we changed it for a drum type which was a lot better plus we did not have to ajust it so often.
If I had more than one drop I always unloaded from the front first as if you did not the steering would be so heavey that you could not steer it, plus it helped with the traction in the hills. Happy times a :slight_smile:

Regards Keith.