Shropshire Hauliers,

Hi
here is my first truck, a 1964 TK 12.35ton with a six cyl 330 engine. I was on the road with it the day I was seventeen. We took the body off and put single wheels on the back to take it to the wieghbridge to get it under three ton unladon so that i could drive it on a car licence.We then refastend the body on with container locks, so it now had a removable body for offical purposes.
My first load was for ETC at Ellesmere then did a few months for Ray Grocott,before hauling fertilizer for Adam Lythgoe from Widnes till I was nineteen when I went ME with my father.
One day while delivering fertilizer in the Welsh hills a farmer said to me where do you come from to which I replied Tybroughton, pointing to the name on the drivers door.O right he said so where does the other door come from then? Wondering what he was on about I went around to the pasenger door where you could see our local sign wrighter had left out the"g" in Tybroughton. We had run it for two years and one one had noticed not even us.It had taken a sharp eyed Welsh farmer to point it out.The sign wrighter was Randle Lewis from Whichurch, he was good at his work when he was not in the pub but could not spell ,a bit like me :exclamation: You had to wright down exactly what you wanted even then he still got it wrong.

Regards Keith.