Standard of CVs

Mick Bracewell:

m.a.n rules:
sits and awaits the maoster and many other ex service people :open_mouth:

p.s what a pathetic sweeping statement… :unamused:

Be shocked all you want. It’s the truth, by and large. They are programmed from an early age to take orders and follow them to the letter. If something happens that they haven’t had an order barked at them about, their arse falls out and the whole operation falls apart because they’ve never had to use the brain they’re born with, nor know what it’s there for, ergo they haven’t got a [zb] clue what to do. That works to some degree in the forces because there’s always someone higher up the food chain nannying and thinking for them 24/7, but it sure as hell doesn’t work in civvy street where the majority of firms expect you to use your brain and figure out solutions yourself when faced with the myriad of problems and issues you come across on the roads every day, eg. weather, roadworks, accidents, closures, delays. They might well be reasonably adept at driving an Oshkosh M1070 with 80t tank on the back over sand dunes whilst dodging bullets and not have to give a [zb] about who or what they hit/drive over in the process, but unsurprisingly that “experience” and mindset doesn’t translate well in civvy street.

Ex-forces drivers are basically human bots. If you need 26 pallets of beans moving in a box trailer from London RDC to Manchester RDC then they’ll get it there, so long as you provide them with a satnav and 200 steps of written instructions for them to follow. Then you just have to pray that there are no road closures, otherwise you’ll never see the driver nor the load again. Give them a page of collections and deliveries to do, leaving it up to them to do them in whatever way they think is best and see how it ends for you :laughing: . You might be happy to take that chance with quarter of a million pounds worth of kit, but I’ll pass, ta.

Mick Bracewell,

All you have done in this thread is cemented how much of a narrow minded moron you really are, Don’t you dare employ anyone who sends you a CV that states they have done anything else in life other than driving if you go by you logic, That farmer you employed, how is he going to resist the urge to stop on the hard shoulder, vault the fence and grab the udders of the first cow he passes and starts milking?
I best call my good friend I served with who is now a fully qualified financial adviser in case he reached for his pens and kills his next client as he was a trained solider and a ■■■■ good one…he must not be able to do any other job but that. Although he may struggle to answer his phone without being told how and when he must do it.

You clearly have no understanding of the military, The lowest level commander a L/cpl would be depended on to make decisions at any point, not just shooting, who what and where without any outside influence from “superiors”. But ensuing the unit is ready to deploy with the correct kit and equipment knowing what they have to do. And guess what…this can be an 18 year old man.
If you would overlook someone applying to you simply because they are ex forces is nothing short of discrimination and down right shameful. Please let me know which company you work for so i can be sure to never send you my CV as i’m sure you’d be someone id take pleasure in shoving that pen you use to mark the CV’s where the sun doesn’t shine. or is it that you’ve been put in your place in the past by someone who served and you now have a resentment towards them?
I’m not saying every ex-forces would be a suitable candidate. But No more so than any walk of life or previous occupation. But to simply overlook them on the basis you are.
I was trained to do many many things in the military, more things that you could imagine, not just ■■■■■■■■■■■ people.

Digging people out for having the ■■■■■■■■ to point out mistakes they have made in the job. All the “humans” you employ must be “bots” if they don’t make mistakes.

If You think i couldn’t experience most things on civi street without “making my arse fall out” after what me and my fellow soldiers went through? I recon I could make your arse fall out though.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.