Cumbria companies

The Burnholme Guy Invincible would have the “long door” cab and I see it had the LX150 engine and by the “C” reg plate it would also be a late one. A similar unit I used to come into contact with was run by Clarks Transport of Millom but it was “D” reg and had the ■■■■■■■ 180 engine and DB box either 5 or 6 speed. This Invincible must have been one of the last built before the Big J was launched. The Clark’s outfit was driven by a chap called Bob Wright and his regular job was 3 round trips per week Millom to Sheffield. Pig iron out and scrap moulds back to the Iron works in Millom. The trailer was a short tandem probably around 26ft long and it had small one foot high or so dropsides so it ran at the then max weight of 24 ton gvw. Bob’s regular digs was three nights per week at the Kelmscott café at Chorley and Eric and me used to stay there sometimes if we had tipped tinplate at MB Westhoughton. One of the attractions at Kelmscott was the Manager a bloke called Harry used to always get a card school going which my mate Eric was a keen player !! They would play into the early hours so next day I would get a shot at driving the Octopus the following morning :wink: Happy Days !