Beating the virus

Juddian:
Those who don’t agree with the current strategy from the govt, albeit less extreme than Labour have finally come out with, might consider signing the Barrington Declaration as a concerned citizen and putting your head over the parapet, yes i have.

Moaning about something endlessly whilst leaving it to others to say no, will not bring about an end to this lunacy.

gbdeclaration.org/

By the way i don’t quite get Labour’s stance on this, they could have been a real opposition, their job, by calling the govt out and demanding more sensible measures, eg protecting the vulnerable whilst leaving the rest of us (and those older not frightened, who are legion) to get on with the rest of their lives and make an attempt to save what’s left of the country and its economy.

The way I see Labour`s position is closer to the recommendations of SAGE. Go for a short-sharp regime early on.
Not the half-arsed untried idiocy proposed by Johnson and Hancock that will damage the economy but do little to stem the rise in infection figures. Looking over his shoulder at back benchers and being blown by any old popularity poll going is the hallmark of this appalling non-leader.

And you keep saying protect the vulnerable whilst allowing the rest of us to carry on as normal.
How can that work in the real world? Those who need care can`t all be isolated in ghettos with no assistance from the healthier and younger members of society.
Tell us how we could staff hospitals and care homes in this scheme?