No pubs after 10 pm
No restaurants to open after 10 pm
No nightclubs
No concerts or theatre
No going to sporting events
No more than 6 people allowed to gather
Police have the power to arrest or fine you for breaking the above laws
Mask is mandatory to enter a shop
An app on your phone to “track and trace” (anyone who doesn’t believe there’s at least a possibility it will be updated in a few months to record where youve been is seriously naive)
Won’t be long till cash is banned “to stop the spread and save lives” (which means every penny you spend and what you spent it on is logged)

Surely I’m not the only one to notice how scary all that is?
Life at the moment is beginning to resemble a communist police state. I’ve said since the very beginning that a lot of these new laws will not have been passed as temporary with an expiration date of their legality and they will still be there to be used in the future if the establishment needs them.

I wear a mask and sanitise everything because I believe its much more serious than just a bad cold like some of you think and struggling to get a breath is my worst nightmare but I dont believe in the use of masks being mandatory and it should be a personal choice. It lowers my chances of catching it. If you choose not to wear a mask thats up to you.

I believe the virus is serious enough to take personal precautions but the reaction of all the above new laws (plus any ive missed) and damage to the economy is way out of proportion for the actual death rate.

yourhavingalarf:

jakethesnake:

alamcculloch:
Does any one on here know of a young healthy person who has died of Covid 19?

Yes there have been quite a few if you care to check. Apparently the average age of people in hospital now is between 20 and 29. Well it was last week according to a paper I read.

TrampeysnakeUkwhateveryourRowleynameistoday…

The question asked was does anyone know of a young healthy person. Not, which newspaper propaganda do you subscribe to.

Do you actually know of someone in that age group in hospital with C19 complications?

Can’t you read? My name is Jake, nothing else and yes I do know someone (teenager with no underlying conditions) who died from covid but I have no interest of telling anyone on here about it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you just did tell us… :exclamation: :bulb:

I wear a mask and sanitise everything because I believe its much more serious than just a bad cold like some of you think and struggling to get a breath is my worst nightmare but I dont believe in the use of masks being mandatory and it should be a personal choice. It lowers my chances of catching it. If you choose not to wear a mask thats up to you.

I like your post snowman and you think like a lot of others but at least you realise how serious the virus is.
Just got to say wearing a mask is not so much for your own protection but to protect others from catching it from you. Yes I know you feel fine but you could be asymptomatic. :wink:

It’s a crazy situation but we have to try to protect the vulnerable especially.

m.a.n rules:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you just did tell us… :exclamation: :bulb:

Stop being pedantic, you are better than that. :wink:

As there is currently a 1 in 5 million chance of getting covid twice then why do those that have had it need to wear face coverings :question:

DickyNick:
Last time I checked this was a truck forum for truck related matters such as vehicles, the job, driving standards etc.

No, this is the drivers room where you can share jokes, have a bit of banter and write crap. Its Bullys Bar.

the nodding donkey:
Can all those, who advocate various more or less draconian measures to, or harbour rosetinted hopes of, “beating” the corona virus, please kindly get real, and accept that that is impossible. Until, if, we find a vaccine, it’s with us, and will be. Putting people under house arrest for a fortnight or six months, wont “beat” the virus… closing pubs, wont “beat” the virus, shutting schools "won’t beat the virus "… wearing a gag… sorry, mask won’t beat the virus…

We have to live with it. Just like measles, polio, whooping cough, pneumonia, cancer, and a the other deadly diseases that we have dealt with. Without wrecking the economy or peoples lives…

Even if a vaccine could be made, let alone trusted, how does it kick off an ‘immune response’ to a ‘virus’ , that proven examples of reinfection after ‘recovery’ , show there is no guaranteed immune response to.We do know that it can cause a catastrophic Cytokine response though among other organ damage issues.
Who’s going to want to risk that knowing that it’s too dangerous to make Smallpox vaccine from Smallpox virus and the fact that Polio vaccine can transmit and cause Polio.

This thing seems to be unprecedented and possible release of an artificial pathogen.It would therefore be reasonable to say all bets are off which has been my view from the start.Although rumours that it hates UV light seem to have been shown correct in the false hope seen during the Summer.

While survival instinct says why court disaster if it can possibly be avoided.But get on with our lives if not.Tier 3 and possibly 2 seems sufficient for that.Tier 1 seems totally pointless.

ROG:
As there is currently a 1 in 5 million chance of getting covid twice then why do those that have had it need to wear face coverings :question:

I guess you’ve worked that 1 in 5million figure out for yourself?
I doubt any Dr, virologist, or public health statistician, would agree with it. The chances of reinfection are surely unknown at the moment.

Juddian:
I have already linked this interview, please, it’s 30 minutes of your time and you might consider it worth it.
Its Anna Brees interviewing one Francis Hoar, a Barrister representing Simon Dolan at the forthcoming (assuming they don’t manage to adjourn it or kick it out again) court case challenging the govt.
Neither Hoar nor Brees could reasonably be accused of being conspiracy theorists, which is the charge levelled at anyone questioning the narrative.
youtube.com/watch?v=nOfJv6tpiMA

In the beginning of that linked video they show a clip of Dr David Nabarro of the WHO. He does certainly say that lockdowns are not good as the primary means to control C19. Nabarro was asked later if that clip accurately reflected the entire 20min interview with Andrew Neil: "He responded, by email: “My comments were taken totally out of context. The WHO position is consistent.”
That context Nabarro mentioned covered a range of topics, such as the estimate that about 90% of the world’s population is still vulnerable to COVID-19, that lockdowns are only an effective pandemic response in extreme circumstances and what Nabarro means when he talks about finding the “middle path.”
That piece is here;
khn.org/news/fact-check-world-h … was-right/
with links to the full original interview, and to the “middle path” way of dealing with the virus.
Feel free to check on what was actually said, and then decide if that video is or isnt a misrepresentation. There is a balance to be struck between total lockdown and totally ignoring the virus. Both extremes will cause harm. Misrepresenting the WHOs point of view doesn`t help.

ROG:
Without a vaccine this virus can only be deferred
The older we get the less able we are to fend it off
What we must not do is to let the NHS get to a point where it cannot cope
The virus loves mass gatherings especially ones done on a regular basis - oh, that means especially schools and putting the public onto the streets at the same time

SAGE has already stated that shutting schools will reduce the R rate the most to more likely below 1

We missed the opportunity to let this virus run a bit more during the summer months - maybe next summer?

Govt needs to base their strategy on IF and not WHEN a vaccine gets here

Rant over … for now :unamused:

Couple of questions here Rog:
Why especially regular mass gatherings?
And
What do you mean by a “missed opportunity to let the virus run”? Let it run free so we start the autumn with already higher levels of it? I cant see any value in that, just that wed be a bad state earlier.

Those who don’t agree with the current strategy from the govt, albeit less extreme than Labour have finally come out with, might consider signing the Barrington Declaration as a concerned citizen and putting your head over the parapet, yes i have.

Moaning about something endlessly whilst leaving it to others to say no, will not bring about an end to this lunacy.

gbdeclaration.org/

By the way i don’t quite get Labour’s stance on this, they could have been a real opposition, their job, by calling the govt out and demanding more sensible measures, eg protecting the vulnerable whilst leaving the rest of us (and those older not frightened, who are legion) to get on with the rest of their lives and make an attempt to save what’s left of the country and its economy.

Juddian:
Those who don’t agree with the current strategy from the govt, albeit less extreme than Labour have finally come out with, might consider signing the Barrington Declaration as a concerned citizen and putting your head over the parapet, yes i have.

Moaning about something endlessly whilst leaving it to others to say no, will not bring about an end to this lunacy.

gbdeclaration.org/

By the way i don’t quite get Labour’s stance on this, they could have been a real opposition, their job, by calling the govt out and demanding more sensible measures, eg protecting the vulnerable whilst leaving the rest of us (and those older not frightened, who are legion) to get on with the rest of their lives and make an attempt to save what’s left of the country and its economy.

The way I see Labour`s position is closer to the recommendations of SAGE. Go for a short-sharp regime early on.
Not the half-arsed untried idiocy proposed by Johnson and Hancock that will damage the economy but do little to stem the rise in infection figures. Looking over his shoulder at back benchers and being blown by any old popularity poll going is the hallmark of this appalling non-leader.

And you keep saying protect the vulnerable whilst allowing the rest of us to carry on as normal.
How can that work in the real world? Those who need care can`t all be isolated in ghettos with no assistance from the healthier and younger members of society.
Tell us how we could staff hospitals and care homes in this scheme?

Franglais:

ROG:
Without a vaccine this virus can only be deferred
The older we get the less able we are to fend it off
What we must not do is to let the NHS get to a point where it cannot cope
The virus loves mass gatherings especially ones done on a regular basis - oh, that means especially schools and putting the public onto the streets at the same time

SAGE has already stated that shutting schools will reduce the R rate the most to more likely below 1

We missed the opportunity to let this virus run a bit more during the summer months - maybe next summer?

Govt needs to base their strategy on IF and not WHEN a vaccine gets here

Rant over … for now :unamused:

Couple of questions here Rog:
Why especially regular mass gatherings?
And
What do you mean by a “missed opportunity to let the virus run”? Let it run free so we start the autumn with already higher levels of it? I cant see any value in that, just that wed be a bad state earlier.

The virus gets spread quicker in mass gatherings - 30+ in most school classes around here
The virus cannot be stopped so it is going to spread but when we let it spread we can control a bit
Better to let it spread in good weather when NHS can cope than in the winter crisis

Franglais:

ROG:

I guess you’ve worked that 1 in 5million figure out for yourself?
I doubt any Dr, virologist, or public health statistician, would agree with it. The chances of reinfection are surely unknown at the moment.

Either humans have the ability to create immunity to it or they don’t.It’s then just all variations on that theme.
The Common Cold and now proven examples of multiple Covid infection says no chance.
I’ve long thought that we’ve got an increasing problem regarding the increasing virulence and effects of ‘Cold’ type ‘Corona Viruses’ in that regard and I don’t think it has anything to do with nature.
It stinks of Artificial Gain of Function resulting from evil science.
All bets are off and now we just have to take our chances.
I’ve written off the idea of a ‘vaccine’ for both reasons.

Franglais:
The way I see Labour`s position is closer to the recommendations of SAGE. Go for a short-sharp regime early on.

What will that solve.You seem to have bought into the idea that if its transmission is interrupted it will just go away and die.
You can’t hide from a ( Corona ) virus although feel free to try.
Look at it as though the Common Cold has turned potential killer, possibly with a lot of evil artificial help and not just in terms of its pneumonia potential.
No immunity, no vaccine, nowhere to hide, deal with it but don’t court trouble if I can avoid it is my view of it.

Carryfast:
You seem to have bought into the idea that if its transmission is interrupted it will just go away and die.

No.

Franglais:

Carryfast:
You seem to have bought into the idea that if its transmission is interrupted it will just go away and die.

No.

Then define ‘short sharp regime’.What ‘regime’.What happens when you release it assuming you intend to release it.
As I said I’ve been dubious of crowded busy places for a while now etc in the winter months especially for the reasons given and washing my hands with dettol for example has been a default choice as part of that.
I’ve really got issues with recent day versions of the so called ‘Common Cold’.There’s something not right about it and its potency and virulence and it’s not just happened and I don’t believe it’s a natural occurrence.

You can add the flu ‘vaccine’ to that too having linked it with some pneumonia episodes too much to be coincidence.Then told to avoid it when caring for my late mum when she was on chemo obviously because it’s not as ‘disabled’ as they’d like to make out like Polio vaccine.

theguardian.com/commentisfr … ineptitude
An opinion piece.
■■■■ up rather than conspiracy.
But not a happy future for us in anything this cheating fool meddles in.
Johnson spinning like mad again describing our Brexit options as an Australian type deal…That is, in plain speak, no deal.

Franglais:
A curb on my liberties might be OK if we weren’t led by Boris Johnson and co | Nick Cohen | The Guardian
An opinion piece.
■■■■ up rather than conspiracy.
But not a happy future for us in anything this cheating fool meddles in.
Johnson spinning like mad again describing our Brexit options as an Australian type deal…That is, in plain speak, no deal.

Who would have thought it the Brexit talks breaking down because an unpopular leader is refusing to obey international law to try and be popular!!!
As the German’s are reported to have a told him a deal will allow you to fish but no deal won’t.