Turners v EStobart

I have worked for both Stobarts and Turners. I worked for Stobarts on curtainsiders out of Sherburn back in 2009 when they bought Irlams (I was Tupe’d). I left within 3 months they turned what was an excellent job with Irlams into a job I hated. To boot I was constantly chasing my pay every fortnight as it was never right. I am led to believe on an entire depot they took over from Irlams (Normanton) only a handful of ex Irlams drivers remain, make of that what you will.

Having moved to Felixstowe I worked for Turners on containers. I was always paid correctly was given more uniform than I could shake a stick at on my 1st day. The lorries were old and beaten up but any problems with them were dealt with quickly. Maybe because it was a smaller depot everybody knew me by name and I like this. The work was easy and the planners were never on my back. I would disagree with the £100.00 per week worse off comment. I was more than happy with my Turners wage for Mon - Fri and if I wanted there was always overtime available on either Sat / Sun where hours allowed.

IMO there is little to choose between any of the big firms dip your toe see if you like the temperature if not move on