GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Bewick:
Are you breathing pure Oxygen through your mask or what “CF” ? This is all bollox about chassis being supplied by GUY Motors with a.n. other engine then exchanged for an 8LXB ! absolute bollox honestly ! I have never said that there had NEVER been an 8LXB BIG J but there would never have been anymore than a handful and only then with a bit of “arm twisting” by large BIG J operators e.g. SOM . GUY’s are what became known as the “Cinderella poverty spec builder” within the Leyland Group so the possibility of them obtaining supplies of the , what was at the time, the premier heavy commercial engine in the UK i.e. The 8 LXB were practically zero ! Incidentally the 180LXB only became available in quantity after it was down rated from powering 32 ton gvw chassis to 30:5 gvw. then Guy and Seddon manufactured with the 180LXB were in plentiful supply and , of course , they were still Kosher 20 tonners ! I know 'cause I ran plenty ! :wink: PS ask Matron to alter the mixture by adding a bit of “laughing gas” to the Oxygen then maybe your posts may improve dramatically in their quality :sunglasses: :smiley: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Stay Safe Mate ! Bewick.

Blimey make your mind up.

So you agree with me that there might have been a ‘few’.

Then you agree that it would have took some arm twisting to get them to accept the order.

Then you agree that Guy getting reliable supplies of 8LXB’s was practically zero.So far so good.

So why would Guy then say fine we’ll build the thing in the factory and if it has to sit there wasting space and getting in the bleedin way of the operation while we’re waiting for Gardner to let us have a zb engine for it, that’s no problem. :unamused: :laughing:

As to opposed to just chuck a ■■■■■■■ in it for now and get it out of the bleedin way until Gardner will let us have a motor for it.Then get it to a dealer to swap it ASAP and return the unused ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ if they can’t supply the motor it’s still a useable truck which they can sell.

While as you say the Guy was just about the cheapest heap anyone could buy so why would they want to spend the extra on the Atki when they could put the same motor in the Guy for a lot less outlay but a bit more aggro.