Win Seering - some predictions for the near future

The pound is still stable at these levels following January 31st 2020. It neither collapsed as the fearmongers said it would, but neither has it recovered to pre-referendum highs.
This means that any overseas outfit wishing to start up over here now that Brexit is supposedly done (I don’t believe it is, actually) - will know that any acquisitions come cheap ongoingly - because the pound is still $1.30 AND they know that these goods priced in Sterling because they are being made here - are likely to stay competitively priced for some time to come.

That is a BIG reason to move ANY manufacturing plant to the UK, regardless of we starving Brits wanting to buy said goods - or not!

We even had a (imo) totally bogus Inflation figure released this morning…

The pound, which usually makes a large move up or down on such a relatively big shift in RPI/CPI - did NOTHING.

This tells me that the figure was either
(1) Made up out of thin air
(2) Widely anticipated, and totally priced-into Sterling already,

or very likely both of the above…

The LAST thing UK strategists want right now - is a sudden rush of foreign money coming here pushing the pound up, and spoiling our imminent party before it has even got started.

So you release a data figure that says “Don’t come here with your cash. We’re a bunch of losers about to lose - so stay away”.

That’s pretty cool, if you think about it… Are we all not sick and tired of seeing both sides of government - selling off our stuff at a loss to foreigners - only for those firms sold off to rip us off royally, with the profits all privatized AND sent abroad after?

The only Tory Privatization that I thought was a good idea - was Eurotunnel, as it would dump a huge loss in the continent’s pocket, leaving us better off for it.
Blair dumping clause 4 - still didn’t get me to vote for him though.