Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Bewick:

Ray Smyth:

coomsey:
Now we’re talking !

Now then Coomsey, This big nosed BMC is a strange looking outfit, What was its purpose,?
What was its gross vehicle weight,? and what was under the bonnet ? Also, the trailer looks
a bit of an oddball. Cheers, Ray.

Now then Ray you surprise me !! How have you ever missed one of these fine outfits running up and down the highways and bye ways of the UK in their day ?
Starting at the front 1) 8LXB as anyone can see by the forward bulge ! 2) ZF Power steering 3) Big Fuller 9509 box 4) Kirkstall Double drive BDR bogie 5) York Big D Slider 6) Air suspended self steering ROR trailer axles. I’m not just sure the make of the box but it may be a York Freightmaster by the shape. They were that fast that if you blinked when they flew past you could be forgiven if you doubted your eyes ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Tut Tut Ray ! :open_mouth: Cheers Dennis.

Wasn’t sure of the spec Ray but Dennis got it covered. I’m told it’s a bit of a rarity they didn’t make many day cabs, the sleeper cabbed by far n away the more popular. Cheers Coomsey