Mitsubishi motors investigated for illegal cheat devices

Franglais:
On a different tack,
doesn’t matter if (As CF says,* our diesels are clean) they will be taxed to extinction in the US, with high import tariffs, because we might tax IT companies for profits they make in the UK…
I’ll bite my tongue there.
Without looking though, what diesels are designed/made in the UK now?
Is that 3.0 litre V6 (Lion?) still made here?
Wasn’t that a PSA design?
On other news, Jag/L-R slimming production down. Voluntary reduncies and possible lay-offs.
Happy New Year, all.

Why would we want to apply any sort of tariffs to US trade unless ‘someone’ wanted to create ‘trouble’ with a partner with which we have trade surplus.IE ‘Why’ would anyone want to sabotage UK/US trade.You also seem a bit selective in your moaning about the IT sector when previously you’ve said hitting US automotive imports is a good thing.

As for diesel car exports the US market generally rightly hates diesel cars and very rarely buys them.Probably because they’ve got more sense in knowing that even the fuel figures don’t add up below around 20,000 miles per year let alone after piling on the costs of buying and maintaining all the smog junk.While stupid Brit buyers just look at the mpg figures and nothing else.

I wasn’t referring to ‘diesels’ per se I was referring to all the other documented dodgy goings on with the Japs like covering up brake defects for example.No such cover ups when the press were crucifying BL,over non issues,to make the foreign imports,which the bankers here had bet on,look good.

As for Jag slimming down in a hostile anti car use LibDem in all but name regime which is dedicated to removing the type of products,which Jaguar’s core market bought,off the roads.Who would have thought it.In addition to Jaguar’s sales department deciding that Jaguar buyers all want an ugly,auto transmission,diesel engined,heap.While also pricing its petrol options out of reach or removing them altogether.Now going one better by deciding that we all want an EV with a Jag badge on it rather than hydrogen fuelled ICE.That’ll work.Would rather take the bus and save the money.