PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

windrush:
“DEANB”“windrush”](Dean B posted) “You spent an awful lot of time under those Fodens Pete!” ! :laughing:

Only eight years actually under them Dean, but nineteen great years driving them! Would have spent far longer underneath if we had run Volvo or Scanias eight leggers though! :open_mouth:

Pete.

I have said it before Pete, your a wrong un through and through ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Just remind me which two are still building trucks…:unamused: :wink:

They are trying, I will give you that Dean. One day they might even catch up and build an eight wheeler as good and long lasting as Sandbach did, who knows? :neutral_face: Not many Swedes visible in those construction pics you posted?
:wink:
Pete.

Morning Pete ! :smiley: Have you stopped taking your medication again ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

When you retired chap did they present you with the shovel off that S83 ■■? :unamused: If they did start digging a hole chap as you are in trouble ! :laughing: :wink:

Lets hope “uncle Dennis” (Bewick) does not see this as he’s not a Foden lover ! :laughing: :wink:

1977 brand spanking new Foden S83 road test versus several other trucks including a Volvo F86. :wink:

Bear in mind the F86 was first produced in 1965, so it had already been about for 12 years when this test was completed and the Foden was new.
The F86 was at the end of its production life as it was replaced the following year by the F7 in 1978 so looking at the test figures it did
remarkably well ! By the way the F7 was Internaional Truck of The Year in 1979 ! :laughing: Did Foden win truck of the year ■■ :unamused: :laughing:

Click on pages twice to read. (Not you Pete,you will get depressed ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink: )

I dont have figures to hand regarding tipper sales and from memory i believe Leyland were the top sellers and no doubt followed by
Foden,ERF but Volvo would certainly have been in the top 5 possibly higher depending on the year.

Heres a nice Volvo brochure from that era,with a few construction pics. :smiley:

Click on pages twice.

volvo range3.jpg

volvo range5.jpg

volvo range6.jpg

volvo range7.jpg

volvo range8.jpg