PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

blue estate:
“240 Gardner”“DEANB”

Not had a Outen on before,anyone know anything about them ■■?

Outen Transport (George Outen, I think) is from Essex - Basildon, if I remember rightly - used to load them home in the 90s. There’s an Outen Distribution listed at Companies House, dissolved in 2013 but founded only in 1997, so perhaps I remember an earlier incarnation.

Outen still going out of Tilbury , white motors with green horizontal stripe now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming “blue estate” :wink:

[zb]
anorak:
Superb find, Dean. It’s one of these:

IIRC, the cabs were sent to a coachbuilder on the South Coast, called Park Bank, or something. Unless this cab was done by the other one. My memory has more leaks than an LAD cab after the condensation from a couple of years’ being slept in has had its way with the floorpan. There is a full explanation on TNUK somewhere. There is also a very concise explanation on LKW Stefan forum.

This is the first time I’ve seen the interior. That engine cover looks nice and warm. :smiley:

Impressive “anorak”, i thought someone would know but thought it may have taken longer ! :laughing: :wink:

Considering that was 1962 it looks pretty good.Mattress looks comfy although i would imagine a cold cab with the rear windows.
This one was built by Bankfield Engineering. I like the door on the Scammell to get into the sleeper on the second pic.

Click on pages twice.