Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

To combi89

Bonjour

Firstly, I did NOT know that the picture I put up was that of your father, how would I ? secondly I was NOT telling “stupidities about it”, far from it. I was being very respectful, asking …who was he ? what was his story ? what was his life driving camions ? the answers would have brought the photograph to life and made it an interesting story. However, as I am a “gentleman”, please except my apology if it has upset you, and of course I will removed the photo from the Saviem thread

Secondly…yes I use many of the French web sites, including Saviem, Renault, Berliet, Bernard, Unic, old time camions, Convoi Exceptionnel, plus various others forums, including old villages and town sites, also pictures from old magazines, books and postcards, many photos I have sent to me from 2 French friends, also forums from Italy, Germany Holland…
I look for old and interesting photos ( like your fathers) of camions, and their drivers, also old scenes of people and places in France. I do this because I was fortunate to have worked here in the late sixties and early seventies, many people looking at this Saviem thread never had the opportunity, or were too young, but are very interested in the old French camions. When I post an old pictures we are lucky to have many people on here who can give us good information about them, Froggy, Michel, Anorak and a few more, to make the picture far more interesting.

Thirdly…I believe that if people do not want a photo reproduced they can either , put their name across the photo, or write COPYRIGHT across it, or don’t publish it at all, if you publish a picture then it’s for the whole world to see, not just on one forum or a thread…and can be used by others. I have had many of my own photos published on other sites, it is not a problem, I am happy others can use them. I have been doing this for over 11 years now without a complaint.

So now Combi89 you have my explanation, and you are registered on this forum, I hope that we can maybe work together ? When I put up old photos, then with all your experience you can perhaps identify the lorries and give us all some information on them, like others do…its always welcomed by me and everyone else I’m sure. I also look forward to seeing your photos and stories of your work in France.

Cordialement
Fergie

To…Johnny, Pete, Patrick and Anorak…thank you for your kind words, appreciated…

Sorry for the delay in answering, my old computer finally packed in, it has taken a few days to transfer everything on to another computer with a new up dated linux system, its taken ages, :unamused: