Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:

Froggy55:
0An AEC Ergomatic badged Willème. Just got this picture a minute ago with no more information.

Driven a few of those over the years Froggy, Leyland / AEC …one was a Leyland Lynx Artic, I think @ 26T gross, can’t remember the HP, not much I imagined. The thing I do remember, it spent more time in the workshops, (the fitters hated the thing), mostly engine / overheating problems, ( I was never a hard driver , so ii wasn’t me ) they didn’t have a cylinder head, the block / head was machined in one, it was suppose to eliminate head gasket problems ( which it did of course) but gave trouble in other ways, had it about 6 months then they gave me a Mandator, think it was for my patience :unamused:

Interesting! I thought “headless” blocks were fitted only on very early engines. It musn’t have been easy to remove or adjust the valves on such engines. Do you Willème engine had no rocker lubricating system until the mid 1950s? Every few hundred miles, the driver had to remove the cover and sprinkle oil on all the rockers.