Bet driver had a smashing night

nomiS36:
If it’s anything like it was back in the 90’s when I used to backload out of rockware in donny I can’t see how any amount of strapping would save the load. All the glass will have been turned back to sand when it landed on its side then poured out the ruined curtains when they right’d it.

Same here, used to do 100’s of back loads out of Rockware in the 90’s. They had a special way of strapping the load, but you were extra careful when driving because if the load started to shift there is no way you stop it. The pallets were slippery as hell. Horrible loads.

Then out of Knottingly we used to take loads down to Reading which had no shrink wrap on because the brewery wanted it that way. You had a layer of bottles then a plastic card then another layer of bottles then another card until the pallet stood about 6’ tall, It was held down by a couple of binding straps and it was like a house of cards, if a couple of bottles shook out the straps came loose and the whole pallet would collapse.

I was a owner driver at the time and after a week hauling them I refused to do anymore.