"Heavy Haulage through the years"

pv83:

DEANB:

pv83:

DEANB:
Scania for Johnny from 1988. :smiley:

Nice article Dean, cheers. Don’t spoil the man though :unamused: :wink:

Interesting to read that they’d fitted a 15 speed Fuller 'box… I wonder who else swapped the original "box for a Fuller/Eaton/Allison option.

Ralph Davies tried to have one put in a new 142 back in 1987,but Scania would not do it even though they fitted them in their Australian models.
I have another article about one being fitted in a 142 or 143 but cant find it at the moment. :unamused: :wink:

That doesn’t make sense then, does it? If it wasn’t a problem in Australia, why should it be a problem in Europe? Did Davies fitted one himself in the end?

I know a bloke that works for Jan de Rijk on the aerospace division, he worked for Davies in the early 90s, next time I meet him, I’ll ask if he remembers it.

No he never fitted one Patrick. :wink: The one and only “Pete Foy” ,what a character !!! :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Without doubt one of the funniest blokes you could meet.Your sides used to hurt in the end where you laughed so much.

He was working for Ralph back in the 80s chap driving a 141,then the 142 in the pic below and then a 143 and later a FH16.
Last had a beer with him about 3 yrs ago. :wink: