"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Froggy55:
Thanks! I went through it again with the same interest! But, one again, why do the Yankees stick to their ridiculously small cabs?

Having driven both euro/ aero/ traditional, I take a trad Pete every time as a solo driver not so much as a team though

Similar reasons as before but also

• significantly more stable in windy weather

• virtually no cab roll no matter how hard you hit the the go pedal around bends…

• superior/ better ride over rough roads and also in general mainly due to the set forward axle…I always thought Volvo vn670’ s were way overated btw with new driver/ beginners set back axle position…euro canoes can’t match them eithet

• better central view of road ahead…think tesla semi

• easier to clear passenger side window if required,

• reach glove box easy

• stored my bag on the passenger seat, or if with female company other things ahem

• weight control, if I started getting fat I couldnt get into the sleeper lol

• quicker to heat/ cool with sleeper curtain drawn

• makes you reverse like a pro, not with your head out the window like dummy who passed the test yesterday

• quicker to clean the full windscreen

• most important looks/ felt like driving a piece of Americana heritage which I enjoyed every time I drove it, job sait’s faction is very important don’t underestimate it…

• ticks the schoolboy dream of driving a truck from convoy and other period films…don’t underestimate that either

• not many UK guys will ever get the chance to drive one, which also means they often slag them off accordingly

Perhaps a few more things too but fed up of typing now lol