ERF 'European' (1975)

I heard from Wobbe Reitsma today with feedback on the new book. He made some interesting comments about the register.

Regarding No.74, the red/white unit belonging to Rien de Vos. When he interviewed them, they only declared the two NGCs in their livery. Perhaps the red one belonged to a subbie, or was even on demo from Best Trucks; or perhaps they forgot they’d had a red one! He will investigate further for us.

Regarding No.81, the ‘olive green’ NGC. John ‘Saviem’ gave a detailed description of this, so we sort of know it existed one way or another. But it appears that it did not belong to Prooi. Wobbe once interviewed Prooi and they said they only ran B-series ERFs, not NGCs. This confirms what Rene Postma, who knew the Prooi folk, told us some time back. So No.81 still stands, but not as a Prooi vehicle.

Regarding No.82, the G+G unit; Wobbe reckons this is one and the same with No.3, the NGC painted in G+G colours and run by Cees Willemstein. This has been contentious all along because we have no concrete evidence that No.82 existed, and it may well not!

Lastly, he sent me a fabulous colour shot of the G+G NGC, complete with matching trailer. It is the original version of the hazy black & white picture of it that’s somewhere on this thread. I am trying to get permission to use it on here :wink: .

Bon weekend, all!

Robert