Eu referendum whats your vote

Carryfast:

Spardo:

Carryfast:
First you referred to 1944,then you referred to the ( ‘French’ ) chasing the Germans back to Berlin.As opposed to the Vichy ‘French’ regime that Bewick was obviously referring to.Remind us of its status in 1944 or for that matter in late 1940.No surprise you’ve conveniently airbrushed France from the title of Vichy as though it refers to a different country when it was actually the self proclaimed official government of France.Just like the EU 4th Reich quislings in power there now led by POS Macron the biggest quisling of them all after Petain. :unamused:

I know that you have a problem inside the head with understanding simple language, but now I also know you have trouble with your eyes, or how to read anyway. This is what I wrote:

Fake news and false history, France did block the Germans in '14, never heard of Verdun? And they were blocked all the way back towards Berlin in '44. I know there were schools in Southampton, because I went to one, but obviously some pupils did not pay attention. :frowning:

By coincidence I have just finished reading a history of the Allied advance to the Rhine after the breakout from Normandy in 1944. By far the largest contingent of Allied troops were from the USA, whether we like it or not. The British and Canadians were running out of manpower. Other Allied armies were Dutch and Poles. There was one army of Free French soldiers involved in the advance. There was a major bust up between De Gaulle and Eisenhower because the French refused to follow orders (no surprise there). The French only came into line when Eisenhower threatened to withdraw all logistical support of ammunition, food, and fuel, as well as equipment. All of which the French were totally dependent upon from the Americans and British.