Liverpool Hauliers in the 1960s

DEANB:

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:

Ray Smyth:
Foden 8 wheel flat of J. Ledwidge Ltd., of Bootle, Liverpool.

Thats a lovely pic Ray. Those Fodens were a good looking motor.

Webster Brothers.

H Dean, Thank you for the picture of the Mercedes of Webster Brothers. Their lorries usually had “THE BROTHERS”
signwritten on the front of the bodywork as in your picture. It made me think of a TV series called “The Brothers”
which ran from 1972 until 1976, The storyline concerned Hammond Transport, a family run company, where the
original Mr Hammond had passed away, and the firm was then operated by his 3 sons, none of whom were lorry
drivers, they were all “Suits” in the office, who were always falling out among themselves. There was hardly ever
any transport based storylines. Occasionally, one of their lorries would be seen, and from memory they were
Ford D Series artic boxvans. Also, thank you for the R.G.Brown picture on the Wigan thread. Cheers, Ray.

I have heard of the TV series “The Brothers” Ray but never saw it. I also never saw this one called “Truckers”

Click on pages twice to read.

I,m sure they used Derry Bros ( N.Ireland ) yard , Just off the M62. Think it was off the road between Widnes & St. Helens was it call Marshalls X I,m sure