Eu referendum whats your vote

Gidders:
Not heard anything for some time but are the “gilets jaunes” continuing their protests around France.If so,will the fire at Notre Dame rather burst their balloon?
In a similar vein,could Macron’s comments result in him receiving a surge of support in the forthcoming elections if he is perceived as saying the right words?
Just curious.

No, the Gillies are a busted flush now, apart perhaps in Paris and the other big cities, but on the roads I see an occasional bunch of saddos in a camp away from the roadside but no disruption since last year.

Can’t see what difference the fire will make. I hear there has been a massive donation for repair but I doubt most people think the state should take the brunt. There are far more pressing things to spend the money on imo.

The Euro elections? I don’t know, I wouldn’t be surprised if people use it as a protest vote, possibly thinking that it doesn’t impinge on their lives. If Brexit is put off I will still get my vote in the Euros and it will be for the same party that I have always supported in France, and it is allied to Macron. Even though he made a massive mistake in hiking the tax on diesels, for eco reasons, but which hit those least able to avoid it. Who can afford a new leccy car? Not me. :frowning: