Eu referendum whats your vote

Franglais:
The building is, I believe, owned by the French state? The church is not established in France since the revolution?
As the ArchBishop of York says isn’t there a question about giving money for a building when people are starving elsewhere?
Kids having limbs blown off by decades old ordnance is still happening. Shouldn’t more cash go there? And supporting desperate civilians in Libya?
Anyway, I guess the Vatican has lawyer’s bills to cover…

As a committed non Christian ( and non any other superstition), Amen to that. :wink:
I don’t know who owns ND but though it certainly was the revolution that brought it about, church and state were not formally separated till the early 1900s I believe. (I think the revolutionaries chopped of more priest heads than aristo ones).

dexxy57:
Well done David Cameron you spineless piece of [zb]. By trying to sort out the squabbles within your Party you [zb] up the country. (by the way, what’s he up to these days, he’s keeping a very low profile)

And Amen to all that too, though I don’t share your view that revoqueing article 50 (though desirable for both of us) would be a betrayal of anything. Referendums are not binding in Britain and just because politicians say they will stick to a really bad one doesn’t make this one any more binding. Of all the promises ever, and regularly, made and just as regularly, broken, why is this single one so sacrosanct? It isn’t, and the information that we have now but didn’t have before justifies ignoring it.

I also don’t share the belief that Brexit will fail. I believe it will happen, but not with a result that anyone will welcome, on both sides of the discussion.

One last thing re

(by the way, what’s he up to these days, he’s keeping a very low profile)

, I believe he’s got a book coming out. Well, what a surprise, but I will only buy a copy if someone will hold him down long enough for me to stuff it down his throat. :smiling_imp: