Did you miss me?

rsg1234567 has a pretty good grasp of things, but to further complicate matters in my area you have to consider Jesus, there are many drivers that wouldn’t work for me, no matter what the pay and conditions were, just because I don’t go to church, more specifically, their particular church.

On top of that there is the owner driver situation in my area, Penner International who I have my other truck on with are 99% owner operator, they’re a 400 truck fleet, so that alone takes a significant amount of drivers out of the job market, plus there are all the other companies with a reasonable distance that have a large percentage of lease operators.

To add to this, I’m not going to hire somebody just because they have a license, I’ve been in this game a few years now and 90% of drivers I’ve met have left me unimpressed, to put it politely.

Something else to consider is the fact that I’m not actively seeking drivers, If I were younger, then I would be, I just can’t be bothered with the hassle now and trust me, employing people and running trucks is hassle, a lot of hassle, no matter how good the driver and how reliable the truck.

For the record, my driver earned over $80k gross last year, he had less than 200 nights out and very few of those were at the weekend. I provide all the required PPE etc, a nicely specced and well maintained truck complete with a few luxuries, an unlimited contract mobile phone and he got $1000 Christmas box. I know for a fact that he is very well paid, definitely in the top 10% of truck driver pay in Canada.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk