Any old promotor drivers around

jshepguis:
Reading this about Matrix Churchill took me back, they were involved with the Super gun weren’t they? I was on part time traction for a company out of Teesport for Ferrymasters and MAT at the time and often would drop or pick up trailers from shed 5 which was used partly for customs. On that particular day went to drop trailer in shed and stopped by security " can’t go in there mate" could see that something was going on as every man and his dog was there . The load of pipes had been impounded think they were written down as oil field pipes, but they were highly polished , not your average piece of pipeline. Was on a night job a couple of days later and had a quick look at aforementioned pipes ( no security about) and having worked in the oil industry those pipe sections were special !!

Hello jshepguis. Interesting you having seen those pipes close up. I don’t know if Matrix Churchill were involved with the Supergun in any way but what I do know is that a Canadian by the name of Gerald Bull was the inventor of the gun and Sheffield Forgemasters made the tubes/pipes. Bull sold the idea to Saddam Hussein and Saddam’s son in law Hussein Kamel al-Majid was heavily involved in procuring the project for Iraq. I mentioned what happened to Kamel and his brother in my last post so won’t repeat it here. The main pieces of the gun were indeed impounded at Teesport and two of the tubes ended up at a museum in Hampshire. Gerald Bull came to a sticky end himself when he was assassinated, in Belgium I think, by Mossad although that was never confirmed. All in all a murky business.