Ageing drivers and driver shortage

Franglais:

wolves:

Winseer:

yourhavingalarf:

wing-nut:
Looks like the driver shortage is starting to bite, at least in the US anyway.

cnbc.com/2019/01/28/walmart … -year.html

$87,500 a year…

That’s £66,550. Yet we’re still arguing over 20-30k.

Yeh yeh, you gotta be out for months on end for that and live on the road etc but it’s where our money should be.

The article talks of a 5 day week, or at least “being home two days per week” which to me - amounts to the same thing.

I would imagine that the $87,500 is for the three-weeks-out-at-a-time trampers.
That would equate to the old stobarts advert as below, which was their rate for Euro trampers where you have two days home per fortnight, with a reduced weekly rest abroad.
HOWEVER it must be said that as per the other post above - $87,500 at current exchange rates - is Route 66 Large, which ■■■■■■ all over the stobart rate for pretty much the same job.

Here’s a question I’ve got for US truckers:

How difficult is the transition from 8-range change/Auto gearboxes that so many UK trucks have these days - and the big rig manaul gearboxes of US rigs? :confused:

Someone was saying while back the you need pay $150 week, per week for healthcare insurance, maybe? so can’t really compare with can’t really in the end that it’s compare with us.

Anyone seriously looking at the US to work, take a look at the ExPat forum. Especially read Pat Haslar and his experiences of the health system.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Yes it was Pat that I read it from. I remember his name now ta.