Northwest Trucks

TIPIT:
Some of Allinson’s fleet in their yard on Whitehill Ind Est, Reddish, taken in Feb '76.1

Back end of one of their D750’s passing through Northenden in '67.0

Allinson Stone Whitehill Ind Est had a tidy fleet of Fodens. Tried searching for Allinsons but cannot find their web site, or are they still trading?
I used to deliver bread early to mid 1960s from Mothers Pride Old Trafford 6 days a week to the Peak District and cannot remember how many times I was stuck behind overloaded tippers going up hills and tried to dodge them going down as many had hot break syndrome. Sam Longson Chapel en le Frith (wonder any relative of the shop in photo accident) had a large fleet of tippers and powder tanks and used to see lots of their drivers including Arden quarries tippers drivers having their liquid lunch in the Rising Sun Pub. I remember the Rising Sun did fantastic meals.
There was a pub on the left heading towards Disley before High Lane had many tipper drivers stopped there. Late 1960s Barbara Castle had an impact on drinking and driving and noticed a big decline in lorry drivers stopping to drink.
The photos of Mersey Square would have been taken prior to the 1967 tragic Plane Crash.
Regards Kev