Ageing drivers and driver shortage

animal:

eagerbeaver:

att:
The industry of transport and goods movement, is stuck firmly in the dark ages in so many ways.

I would rather sit at home and do bugger all, than go out and drive a lorry, yes I could have more money, but until we stop being treated like animals, then this is where I shall stay.

Good on you mate. Wish a few more had a bit of spine about them…

If I could afford to sit at home I would but that don’t pay my bills

I won’t allow anyone to treat me like an animal

I didn`t, but my response was often not particularly diplomatic, I was quick to anger and did not suffer fools, never have, however, I am now at the point of understanding that I will not change the world and that I have to change…It is easier to say than to do and I am trying to develop some strategies that will allow me to once again become employable, because right now, I would not want me as a member of staff.

So I am reading, listening and digesting, so far I have not lost my temper this year, in any situation, which for me is a massive effort and progress that I did not expect, I am developing my relationships with others in a positive way and am learning more about myself, my self awareness has grown once again.

All I want to do is to leave my home and do things without having murderous feelings to those that hinder me in my quest, I have to be more understanding if I am to live a more fulfilling life, being angry a lot of the time is no good to anyone.

I really enjoy driving large vehicles and it is my current psychological state of mind that is preventing me from doing so…I am not saying that I am going to take being treated like ■■■■, I am going to encourage those that try, to explore the reasons why they are being so disrespectful and perhaps offer alternatives in the way in which they treat others, to do this without using profanity, ■■■■■■ swear words and aggression, is my main objective.