NHS, don't ever complain

Carryfast:
By the same logic anyone could say exactly the same about the OP.

No they couldnt actually since hes not using the nhs and his story and experience is exactly what will happen to us here if you had your way and the NHS was dissolved. Hes actually telling us how lucky we are to have it. Have you actually read what he wrote?

Carryfast:
On that note he should think himself lucky that he hasn’t yet found himself weakened by his illness ( more like exceeded the cost ration limit ) to the point where the Adult Care agency and his doctors/health care providers decide that it’s best for him to be put under Hospice ‘care’.

Uh huh. Which is exactly what will happen if his insurance company decides to stop paying. He has to keep working, despite both he and his wife having cancer, or his insurance company will just stop paying for the treatment. Let me just run that by you again since you seem to be having trouble taking it in. They will stop paying for his and his wifes medical bills and they will be left to die unless they raise the money themselves. He owes the ambulance company $7000 so they didnt turn up when he needed them. Are you getting this yet?

Carryfast:
On that note remind us exactly what illnesses are we talking about in the case of your Father and MIL and their respective ages.

Their illnesses are none of your business but I can assure you, both of them would be much more liable to the “pallitive care” nightmare you seem so convinced is rampant than you or your mother. My dads illness (muscle wasting is all youre getting) started before I was born and lasted till he passed away 5 years ago at the age of 56 after needing 24/7 care for over a decade. My MIL was in intensive care and seriously close to death and not once did anyone force a DNR on her, nor did they just give her a cocktail of drugs and paff her off so yes, they can take confidence in my personal experiences since its based on actual experience rather than your tin foil hat and a few website links youve read

Remind me again why, since you think the NHS is just paffing you off till you die, you still use them and dont get the private healthcare you seem convinced is the only way forward? Remind me why you still use a service you say is definitely just giving a cocktail of drugs and will force a DNR on you for any reason it wants without consulting you first?

Incidently, im curious. What on earth makes you think an insurance company spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on someones care wont go down the exact route you seem convinced the NHS does? What makes you so sure theyll pay more expensive treastment rather than using a loophole to only fund the cheapest route (if they decide to fund any at all)? Because thats what they do. What makes you think itll be different if it happens over here?