NHS, don't ever complain

The-Snowman:
Like I said, a DNR doesn’t just happen with no warning, nor do they decide in a 20-second window “Nah, lets just not bother” without good reason or because they just don’t want to. You waffling on about other stuff doesn’t change that.

Secondly, the hypocrisy from you is astounding. You’ll use the nhs and free healthcare but slag it off?
Go pay for private healthcare if you don’t like what you’re getting on the NHS. You dont like it, stop using it and leave it for those of us who appreciate it

A DNR is issued summarily in a matter of minutes.To be fair recent events suggest that a patient’s wishes can trump the doctor’s call,assuming the patient is well enough to make the decision clearly and understands the question.

I didn’t slag off the NHS.I said all health care has to be paid for and having the government stand in the way of and taking over the bargaining process between employee and employer,regarding the money needed to cover health care costs,obviously provides the employer with the excuse of it’s supposedly ‘free’,is just a recipe for conflict of interest and rationing in all it’s forms.Including the issue of expensive complicated to treat low priority demographic patients being dumped on the deadly palliative care ( stealth euthanasia ) scrap heap.

While a private funded US type health system also doesn’t totally fix all that because the same conflict of interest,of health care cover providers wanting to save cash at the expense of the patient,still exists.

As for the choice of private funded v NHS fine.Just so long as that also means being able to opt out out of NHS taxation regime retrospectively on the basis of why should private patients have to pay twice.Although none of which is much help when health care providers decide to force vulnerable patients into the death sentence of Hospice,under the guise of ‘palliative care’,to save the cash and resources needed to treat their illnesses in a fight for their lives to the end.On that note effectively allowing the institutionalised euthanising of a vulnerable human relative isn’t exactly the same thing as taking a pet dog to be put down at the vet.