Microlise telematics

the maoster:

Conor:
Ours used to mark all the drivers down for exceeding the green band. It was pointed out that as the trucks were auto and the new ones had hill descent speed control that this was out of our hands. The green band measuring was removed.

I’m not sure where to even start with this. If only there was some kind of professional driver competence syllabus to weed out morons who actually believe this kind of bollox! Firstly. Microlise does not, never has and never will mark down exceeding green band driving when on the overrun, it only marks down for exceeding green band revs whilst under power. I’ve attempted to put that simply so that you can grasp the concept. No matter what you’ve been told (and foolishly believe) that’s the way it works. No ifs or buts. If that’s too hard to grasp then maybe a career in electronics may be the way forward. Oh, hang on a minute…

The second point is aimed at real drivers; if you find that you are getting marked down for over revving your auto the simple solution is to keep your eye on the rev counter as you accelerate and if the revs are creeping towards the upper end you can either (a) lift the throttle slightly which will force an up change, or (b) you can manually intercede with the gear stalk and up change sooner.

The top drivers at my place use the cc button to control acceraltion usually anything above 15mph cc is on. That way they get top scores as it shows them using cc majority of the time and they never get marked down for harsh acceraltion.
Personally I think this is s terrible way to drive but microlise loves it.