NHS, don't ever complain

The-Snowman:

Carryfast:
None of which is much consolation to the patient who lost out in the competition for the critical care and intensive care bed you’ve referred to.Which if you’ve read the news isn’t a one off situation and even if it was once is once too often.But great no one had to pay,the true costs of proper health care,at the point of delivery so all’s good what’s not to like.It’s great to have given their life to protect the profits of their employer.

What competition would that be?
She deteriorated on the Tuesday morning and had an intensive care bed within 15 minutes. Whos lost out in that 15 minute window exactly?

Yes, it is great she didnt have to pay (leaving aside thats what your NI contributions are for) because she couldnt afford medical insurance (probably wouldnt get cover anyway due to her illnesses. See the flaw in your ideals yet?) and sure as [zb] couldnt have afforded the medical care she needed out of her pension. That is the whole point of the nhs
Do you realise in the American system that you crave and adore so much that your insurance company will dispute large bills because its cheaper for them to pay lawyers fees and bank on you dying before they need to pay out? Or that the rich get preferential treatment and can jump the queue ahead of the less well off because of the size of cheque they can write?
Our nhs is the envy of the world, despite not being perfect, and here we have ungrateful [zb] like you looking to rip it apart.
I find it ironic however that you mention “not much consolation to the patient who lost out on the competition for the bed” to slate the nhs in favour of the American system when that is exactly the scenario facing people in countries like America where your wealth makes you win that competition every time. Or that your company pays better insurance than someone elses

Carryfast:
.Or for that matter people dropping like flies because of the supposed non existent access to health care provision.

No ones dropping like flies due to the lack of intensive care beds either but that doesnt stop you magnifying it to try to justify your point

Carryfast:
It’s great to have given their life to protect the profits of their employer.

Eh?

Firstly I don’t ‘crave and adore the American system’ the German one would be better for us.

Strange how you think that the competition I was referring to for intensive care provision ends at the point when it’s been allocated to a patient as opposed to the whole period of that patient’s use of it.

Remind us of the magnitude of the difference in the German critical care provision v UK for just one example which I posted.Or for that matter being described as ‘’ having the most consumer orientated healthcare system in Europe’‘.’‘Patients are allowed to seek almost any type of care they wish whenever they want it’'.

The point being that it doesn’t matter whether it’s the NHS taxation funded system of the US private funded system if the jobs and the income levels needed to pay for it ain’t there.On that note unsurprisingly I’m not aware of any Union wage negotiation calling for higher incomes to pay for the cost of health care to at least the German standard.Probably because under a taxation based system the employer would say why it’s free and doesn’t cost you anything and wage demands aren’t usually if ever based on taxation levels as opposed to prices.

As I said it’s so much better to risk people’s lives in the resulting rationed health care system to maintain employers’ profitability.While the US problem is all about falling income levels,caused directly and indirectly,by US jobs being lost to cheap labour countries,making health care unaffordable.Not the way in which their health care system is paid for.