Any old promotor drivers around

sandway:
Have just found a photo of my old lorry CJN 286X which I drove from new. Problem I have with it is that the fog lights in the bumper still have their covers on and there appears to be some writing above the windscreen in the centre. There was no writing when I had it. Also the Promotor name on the headboard looks as if the paints coming off. Perhaps the cab had a respray at some time. Over to you Efes as I know you drove it for a while later on.

I have said it many times. ‘The little grey cells are not what they were’ or maybe its that I’m cracking up. My wife favours both options. Thank you. After reading the post Efes submitted last night I realise I was completely wrong. My old Scania 112 was CJN 287X. Its all a bit hazy now but two new units, the first of the new models, were delivered to Promotor. John Preece had one and I had the other. On a previous unit John had his wife name painted above the windscreen and obviously he had something written on the new one. The photograph of CJN 286X is, I am sure, just after the new unit was delivered.

Neither of the first new units had visors fitted, later ones did and it wouldn’t have been possible for anything to be written above the windscreen on them. Another thing I find interesting is that Johns lorry seems to have disappeared completely. I have seen no other photos of it anywhere.