Any old promotor drivers around

mushroomman:
Thanks for sharing that Brian, yet again I found that post very interesting. :smiley:
I have a slight feeling that I might of asked you this before but what is the name of the guy wearing the green polo shirt who is stood next to that Mack as I am sure that I have seen him somewhere before.
A couple of pages back you showed a few pictures of boats around The Galata Bridge in Istanbul, well the small blue and red rowing boat looked fairly familiar so I had to go through all my old photos to see if I had taken a photo of it myself all those years ago. I eventually found the one that I was looking for only to see that it wasn’t the same one. Although you might remember seeing these guys as they were moored not far away from where we used to catch the ferry over The Bosphorus to go to The Harem.

Some great post Sandway!

The fellow in the T short by the Mack is none other than Promotor driver, Bobby Keen, also known as “Bob the dog”. Good fellow! I did at least one Baghdad with him, at least I remember a rather boozy trip around Istanbul with him. We visited all the sites, the Blue Mosque, the fabulous market (both carpet and spice markets), the Pudding Shop and, naturally, Pig Alley. I wonder what happened to him?

Keep those stories coming… I wish I could remember more. All the names have gone now… A shame. Great times.