Newbie aiming to work in Iraq/Afganistan

PackRat:
Why did I bother? :question:

You’re on the wrong forum mate… try a more USA based forum. Why do I say that? Because most Brits and lorry drivers in particular are just fairly negative about most things in the UK… you could say it’s our default nature, so you won’t get a helpful ‘Can do’ type of answer on this forum… just look at the negativity in the answers already given. It’s a cultural thing!

On the other hand most American folk will come at your question with a positive minded and ‘Can do’ attitude and would be more inclined to give you helpful ideas and suggestions, because that’s their approach to life! “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right.”

I do get it, the idea of trundling along in a supermarket truck or a bin wagon will bore you to tears, and won’t give you the excitement you crave…So, as others have suggested, why not get some experience under your belt then look for a big responsibility, high profile type job… Hauling luxury yachts down to the Continent, Abnormal loads, Formula one left hookers Worldwide, Events haulage, think rock bands, theatre work, Broadcast/TV work, ( What I do! ) NEP, Telegenic, etc to give just a few ideas.

Why not take up bungee jumping if your an adrenalin junkie? :smiley:

Don’t be under any illusions though, and try to be a realist… driving in war torn or other dangerous countries will certainly be adventurous, and the money might be amazing… but it will come at a very steep cost to you and your family if you get blown to bits simply doing your job!

Good luck wherever life takes you! :smiley: