Peak District.

rastone:
I bet they made more brass with them and could work on them in the yard( I suppose some bright spark will say they needed to).Pete did you ever drive one or are you a bit snooty with the blue oval on the grill. If you said you wouldn’t want to drive one even when it was new, why.The first ones did have a brake problem though but it did get sorted.I sold a lot to Tarmac for their owner drivers and not just round here but in the North West.
Sign the order here Pete and I’ll include a couple of tanks of Diesel which should be enough for a month

Tony

No snobbery Tony, I just talked to those drivers (not owners as they spent the money so were biased!) who drove them and felt as though their spine was being pushed through their chest! They did the job OK though and had a decent enough payload, mechanically they were very much the same as the Fodens I drove and maintained so easily repaired without any fancy tackle but I preferred the roomier and comfier sprung Foden cab that didn’t rot away after only about ten years! :wink: I did drive one of Paylings 7.5 tonners briefly though, the brakes on that scared me when empty as it felt like it was going to stand on its nose with only gentle pedal pressure. :open_mouth:

Pete.