Average speed cameras

woody2808:

roadhog69:

sammym:

edd1974:
Best bet is to drive through at 56 and see if you get a ticket. Then your know for sure if there working or not

I drive through them at 56.

You are allowed 10% plus 2mph. So you’d have to be doing 57/58 before you get a ticket/course. Have to keep an eye on it if you are going downhill though.

Myth

I’m with you roadhog, it is a complete myth, especially since the speeding laws changed on the 24th of April.

It is not a myth, at least for motorway speed cameras. 10%+1 = no ticket/course. 10%+2= ticket/course. Incidentally at 10%+9 you will not be given the option of a course.I did one of the new motorway awareness courses in March (50 in a 40 at 3.30 a.m.) and was told officially that this is a national guideline that all police forces have agreed to and had no plans to change this. This does not necessarily apply on the rest of the road network (although most forces do) and police vehicles can do you for even 1 mph over the limit, although this will normally be connected to another offence (e.g. careless/ dangerous driving or vehicle faults)