Tommy Robinson, saint or sinner?

Rjan:

muckles:
Found a report still up on a news website.

Tommy Robinson arrested for 'breaching the peace' outside court during grooming trial | The Independent | The Independent

The most likely reason those other sources have been taken down is because there is an ongoing trial, and as he’s been jailed for disrupting it those articles probably said something about the trial itself which they are not supposed to (which can ultimately end up causing juries to be discharged).

You’re probably right, but I’ve never seen articles taken down in this manner so soon after the event, I would have thought the media outlets would have edit the article instead, as it seems there is no problem about reporting Tommy Robinson’s arrest. The Independent article was published about the same time as the Birmingham Mail and Mirror articles.

Rjan:
No one would have a problem if they were doing a Woodward and Bernstein.

I think plenty of people would have a problem, especially those in positions of power who thought their gravy train was about to be derailed and they would fight hard and dirty, including using the media and legal system to discredit and silence their accusers.
Of course this statement doesn’t mean I believe Tommy Robinson is or is not some crusader, it was just a general point about those in power and how hard they will try and keep it.