Cumbria companies

Leyland600:
Hi Lawrence, I have known Tyson since 1963 in the days when he had just the one wagon an Albion Reiver 52 CRM I was saddened to get a phone call early last week informing me of his passing, he and I always got on well over the past 55 years and I appreciate the help and assistance he gave me in my early days as an owner driver and ongoing friendship since. Here is a photograph I took on the new A69 road up above Melkridge one day in August 1963 while off work with a broken leg. I was riding shotgun with my mate the late Robbie Boyes in his Reiver 649 KRM on a day when he and Tyson both loaded timber out of Tyne Dock for Jacksons Sawmills at Whitehaven who were one of Tyson’s main customers. This photo and two others I took that day are the only photographs that exist of Tyson’s original Reiver . RIP Tys,
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Hi Leyland 600,Thanks for posting these good photos from the old days, They were kind of high loads & secured with ropes, But of course the job was done by drivers who new how to secure such loads regardless, The old sysal ropes were hard on the hands, But they were all that we had to use in those days, Regards Larry.