Stobarts - poverty spec?

Tipperdipper1:

muckles:

SuperMultiBlue:
I still think I may have been whooshed but I did a day for stobs over xmas and apparently they’re meant to be like that. Sumat to do with F1 aerodynamics. I double taked the guy and walked off :laughing:

He might have been talking about this.
Eddie Stobart - Evolution of the WR AeroKit™ - Wirth Research

Got to agree there, first time I saw one on the road I did a double take, couldn’t work out how the driver had managed to bend the side skirt without damaging the side rail. :confused:

I asked myself always the same question, but seems they have to be that way because all Eddie trailers I’ve seen look like that.

F1… If that helps with the fuel saving.

Personally I think they loose that money on the other end with all the accidents, bumps etc.

Well they’ve played on the F1 developed, but its PR ■■■■■■■■, while it’s true that Wirth Research do stuff for F1 it’s only a small part of what they do even in the motorsport sector, let alone the other industry sectors they work in.

I don’t think there is a correlation between damage and the new aero kit, so it doesn’t mean they’ll save money on damage by not having it.
I also doubt they have any higher percentage of damage than other large haulage firms, it’s just they have a high public profile, so it gets publicised.