Up to date maritime subbie pay?

Punchy Dan:

Rattray:

nsmith1180:
I’m on with Wincanton and I average £2200-2500 a week doing five days tramping and an average of nine boxes a week.

On trailer hire, Collease are cheaper than both Maritime and Wincanton.

On unit hire, you might make a bit more profit if you use the one thats in the back of commercial motor all the time offering a Renault Premium for 295 a week on a three month minimum. If your mates are doing day work a premium will be fine At the moment I’m paying 380 a week for a 64 plate Bigspace Benz.

I don’t see how you could make it pay on one box a day given that on a directors salary, (1k a month) which is what I am on at the moment, mine costs £201 a day to run including a driver. Put a driver on medium pay in it, and that jumps to £277 a day.

Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking how many hours driving/working and how many miles are you covering on average to pull 2200-2500…
Not asking as I want to nit pick at your hourly rate. Genuinely interested.

Thanks

Keep up at the back ! :laughing: he’s jumped ship since then to barronhood and reinvented the curtainsider :laughing:

C’mon Punchy, you know me, Have data, will share.

Looking back over the 4.5 months on Wincanton I averaged more like 1800-2000 a week, it tailed off a bit towards the end and when Barron Wood were talking about guarantees for January and February and Wincanton couldn’t guarantee tomorrow I jumped ship. Anyway here is one week in the life of Nick:

W/c 04/09/17 - picked totally at random.

Distance covered: 2370km
811l Diesel used 18l AdBlue
Invoiced: Circa £2100 + Vodka and Tonic

Monday: 13hr total duty. 07:41 drive 01:40 other work 03:32 break. £27 ONP 13h45 daily rest
Tuesday: 13hr30 tot duty: 07:33 drive 02:21 other work 03:36 break. £27 ONP 09hr10 daily rest
Wednesday: 10hr05 tot duty: 03:59 drive 01:36 other work 06:32 break ONP FOC 13hr35 daily rest
Thursday: 14hr40 tot duty: 09:40 drive 01:44 other work 03:16 break £18 ONP 11hr30 daily rest
Friday: 12hr50 tot duty: 07:26 drive 00:55 other work 04:25 break £12.50 ONP 10hr daily rest.
Saturday: 01hr35 tot duty: 01:07 drive 00:24 other work 00:00 break ONP at yard - Reduced weekly rest. Bigger breaky in the cafe!

Things to note:

i) This was shortly after my Septum Horribilis in which I had three break in attempts in about 7 worked days so the only reason parking was so cheap is that on Wednesday I was empty and parked at Prees Green where nobody pays anyway. Usually I will pay for parking if I am either loaded or stopped for more than 9 hours.
ii) Thursday I opted to crack on and get to Gloucester services rather than stop at Hopwood or Strencham. I had the time and was running late into the night so wanted to benefit from the emptier roads.
iii) I could have made it home on Friday but was tired and hungry and couldn’t really be bothered with it. Besides, I’m based at Junction 31 in Sheffield and the cafe does a stonkin breakfast. Plus I could drop in to Junction 1 truck wash and remember that I got a white lorry for once.
iv) This week is rather rare. I can count the number of reduced daily rests I had on containers without taking my shoes off and there are two in this week, but one of them was optional.