Ferry crossing and driving/rest hours

barrykam:
As I have just (Thursday last week) been stopped for a routine check in Austria the routine I use must be good as I only had 1 violation which the kind policeman let me off with.
After I have got my ticket and pulled through ‘the barrier’ onto the dock to wait for boarding I do an End Country and then enter Ferry/Train mode. Once I’ve arrived and disembarked, if I’m driving straight to my drop off I do a Start Country and off I go. If I’m continuing my rest I just drive to my rest point, make up my 9/11 hours, when I’m ready just do a Start Country and away I go. The policeman was OK with this and all was good.
My violation… You must keep your ticket as proof of travel which no one had ever told me. Minor point but the guy was really nice, let me off and sent me on my way with a ‘get out of jail free’ card so I can’t be done for the same offence in another country.

I dont know whether or not keeping a copy of your ticket is actually law? but its a good idea. The more paperwork youve got the happier some officials seem. Youll never be prosecuted for having too much paperwork! (That sounds like a challenge doesn`t it?)