Weekend only work - Midlands

I’m updating this both so I can look back and see what I was thinking - and also because it might be useful for anyone who has similar issues as me.

I have been a bit worried about the proximity of my theory test to me training. I was meant to be doing the theory on the 3rd and start training on the 9th. If I had a problem or failed I would have very little chance of fixing it. It was explained to me that this wasn’t recommended and I should/could book the training later.

So I’ve been searching for cancellations. And now have my theory test next Tuesday on the 24th. If I fail this there is a really good chance that I can get another test before training. There are a few useful things for people who might be in a similar situation. You can check up to three test centres at once. And tests do come up last minute.

I still have to try and get an earlier CPC test - but if I do fail that I’m only losing out on the cost of the CPC assessment - which isn’t as extreme. And I don’t think I’ll fail either. If I can get an earlier CPC appointment I will.

Random question for Pete/ROG - how long before theory and the practical test is required? Can you do it the day before? I’m not planning on doing this - but it does give me even more slack.