Unions

UKtramp:
You don’t think there are any bad issues or stories about unions then rob? Well of course there will be some success stories with regards the unions, but it isn’t all good news. I could tell you a few stories of my dealings with unions that would make you think again.

I never said Unions were flawless, any system, any organisation is open to corruption.

Whenever anybody tries to point out how Unions are this that and the other and the ruination of the British worker, and all the rest of the anti union bs, the name Scargill always comes up, Red Robbo of the BL days, the winter of discontent, and any other bad political union related periods in our history.

My answer to that is, if you want to refer to history to make a point, then go even further back when normal working men reared up against unscrupulous employers and gained many rights for a downtrodden workforce in the 20s and 30s.
However to be honest, I am not concerned with both those for and against arguments, and history lectures, that stopped being important to me when I completed my History course at school, …and no offence UKt, but neither am I interested in ‘‘the stories that would make me think again’’ …I have more than likely heard similar stories anyway.

The ONLY thing I’m concerned with now on this subject though, as a working driver, is that if the 30 or so drivers in my depot, and all the others in other depots, just united together, either in an official Trade Union, or an internal union in the sense of drivers just standing together for a common cause, I would be on much better t.s and c.s and not have to put up with, and try to get around all the crap, that I have to now…a point proven by Maoster’s post. :bulb: