Unions

robroy:

the maoster:
Where I work the day men get a guaranteed 10 hours pay just for putting their card in, the trampers a guaranteed 12 hours. If I run in on a Saturday I get a guaranteed 10 hours at time and a half. If I have a doctors/hospital/dentist appointment I get 10 hours pay and the day off. If I’m on the sick I get the same average pay as if I was on holiday. I get medicals, eyetests, DCPC, eyeglasses paid for. Whatever percentage of my wage I put into a pension is matched by the company (up to 15%).

Do you think this is because I work for a forward thinking and caring employer, or do you think it’s because I work at a place that has a strong union that works hand in hand with the Co for the benefit of all? Make your own minds up.

Yeh but don’t let facts stated by you and juddian get in the way of all the stereotype propaganda Maost.
I wish tf my firm was a Union firm, with all the crap they dish out.

You don’t think there are any bad issues or stories about unions then rob? Well of course there will be some success stories with regards the unions, but it isn’t all good news. I could tell you a few stories of my dealings with unions that would make you think again.