This is what happens to car drivers that park badly!

Carryfast:

truckman020:
as an ex Kingston resident I know it well,off eden street,and a right pain if cars park where they shouldn’t

My mum worked at Marks there for around 40 years and can remember my father using the car park there when collecting her from work and us then going for steak and chips for dinner once a week at the Griffin when it was a Bernis. :wink: BOC had the Marks’ transport contract then from memory and all the trucks were in BOC not Marks livery then.Also think from memory that the access road was clearly marked with double yellow lines then from end to end outside the car park ?. :wink:

BOC still have M&S, food at least. Well, Gist do, but both are owned by Linde Group.

truckman020:
went to Sainsbury’s off Victoria street once,had to go around the back to the service road,a car was blocking the entrance and I would not have got through without scraping along said car,we did try to locate the owner but couldn’t find him/her,eventually Sainsbury’s manager called the police who said to me to go through,i said I couldn’t,his reply was go through and he will sort it,so I got his number and station which he was happy to give and I went through with a bit of a crunch as the trailer t bar scraped the car,never knew what happened after that as nothing else came of it,told management when I got back but they never heard anything either,doubt you would get away with that nowadays though.

I wouldn’t have done it, unless plod gave it to me in writing that either the cars insurance or the police would pay for any damage to the trailer and the boss authorised it. Lets say the underrun bar popped the bumper which then cut a tyre. Including call out fees, you are looking at the better part of £700 damage there. If someone did that with my truck, they would be out on there arse in seconds. Completing a maneuver knowing it will cause damage. Crazy.